Wednesday, June 15, 2011

OCNC I

Things start fairly late here; breakfast is from before eight and the sessions don't start until 9:30. I get up before seven as usual, and that gives me some free time in the mornings. Many people go swimming in the morning, and it's a good time to take a walk along the beach before the morning shower and breakfast.

Seaside House

The main campus is in the mountain away from the coast - sensible, considering the constant risk for typhoons - but Seaside House, the conference building, sits on the cliffs overlooking the beach.


South Pacific

This is the kind of view we have to put up with during the theoretical sessions. Truly, woe is me.


Crab

Lots of small life along the beach itself. Here a small (~3cm) crab kindly froze for long enough for me to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.