Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My New Homepage

I got myself a new homepage landing page right here on Google sites. It's not pretty or anything - you can't alter the page format very much - and I can't really do anything except keep a static page and a few files, but it's good enough for now.

The idea is just to have some kind of landing page for work-related use. This blog is where I have most of my online self, but it's not really related to my professional1 life. People looking for a research paper of mine don't really need or want to hear about old film cameras, the travails of Japanese politics or where I and Ritsuko had dinner last week.

Now I can link to this page to give people an idea of who I am and what I do, and I can offer the occasional paper and perhaps bits of code as well. If you happen to have a research-related link for me to this blog on some page then you may want to change it to the new landing page above.

#1 I'm over forty and still a post-doc living on temporary funding. "Professional" is very much a relative term here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.