Monday, April 5, 2010

Packed Week

We have distinguished visitors, in the form of my parents, here in Osaka. They spent last week in Tokyo, and visit us here this week - we had dinner last night, we'll show them Kobe and our favourite Indian restaurant there tomorrow; that sort of thing. At work I have a very looming, very definite deadline for a paper revision, and a submission deadline for another conference is approaching fast as well (how I'll make both conferences - separated by 18 hours and one continent - is a question for later). I need to get started on some administrative stuff for this summer and there's a pile of recent papers on my desk begging to be read. I believe I'm supposed to get a bit of actual modeling work done as well.

Which is all a roundabout way of saying that I'll not be posting a whole lot here for the next week or two. Or I end up posting more than usual instead, in order to vent a bit. I write here as a fun diversion from my usual worklife after all, so it's not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.